All You Need to Know
The satisfaction of giving comes in knowing that you are investing in the lives of students, businesses and communities who benefit each and every day from our education, training and services. As the foundation for WKCTC, PJC provides resources to help donors find the appropriate use and nature for desired charitable contributions including:
- Cash Gifts
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Closely-Held Stock
- Life Insurance
- Matching Gifts
- Real and Personal Property (In-Kind)
- Retirement Gift Accounts
Donations can be made ONLINE or by phoning the Office of Advancement at (270) 534-3086
- Current Gifts include gifts of cash, credit card charges, securities (shares of stock or mutual funds), or other property. Current gifts provide immediate financial assistance for either unrestricted or restricted purposes.
- Cash Gifts are usually made by a personal or business check or currency. Your income tax deduction is for the full amount of your gift assuming no goods and/or services are received in return for the gift. Make all donations payable to Paducah Junior College, Inc.
- Credit Card Charge can be made ONLINE or by phoning the Office of Advancement at 270-534-3086.
- Securities and Closely-Held Stock -- accepted by Paducah Junior College, Inc. when made to our account at Paducah Bank
- Contact Becky Haus, Manager of Advancement, (270) 534-3086, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Instructions for Donation of Stock to Paducah Junior College, Inc.
- Donations from Personal 401k or IRA accounts: Recent legislation has made it possible for donors to make gifts to qualified charitable institutions. Please contact your financial advisor to ensure you meet the requirements. Kindly notify the Advancement Office in prior to making a donation of this type. Contact Becky Haus, Manager of Advancement, (270) 534-3086, email@example.com for more information.
- Real and Personal Property (in-kind) are accepted when the property donated supports the mission and purposes of West Kentucky Community and Technical College. You may give a residence, land, or other real property as an outright gift, or give a remainder interest in a personal residence or farm. Donations of personal property such as equipment, books, art and jewelry may also be contributed under special guidelines established by the IRS.
- Pledges are a formal Declaration of Intent to make a gift to WKCTC and may be followed by an immediate gift; or it may confirm your intention to make a gift in the future. You may choose to complete your pledge be making regular payments over a period of time, which allows you to maximize your contribution.
- Gifts in Honor or Memory may be made in honor or memory of a loved one, friend or colleague, or business or to commemorate a special occasion.
- Endowment is a fund that is permanently invested. Only the annual income generated from the investment is used for an unrestricted or restricted purpose. Establishing an endowment is the best way to have a permanent impact of the future of the college and leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Endowments have been established in the following areas:
- Challenger Learning Center Endowment provides operational support for the Challenger Learning Center of Paducah located on the WKCTC campus.
- The Rosenthal Endowment funds faculty professional development.
- The Peel Endowment provides funds for science equipment and faculty professional development.
Restricted or designated gifts for other purposes may be accepted as long as those gift purposes support the mission and purposes of West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Please contact the Paducah Junior College, Inc. to discuss other restricted gifts.
- Planned Giving -- arrangements that usually require the assistance of a professional advisor to determine
the specific tax advantages for you, your family members, and/or your estate. A planned
gift maximizes your giving potential and can even allow you to ensure your future
financial security or that of a loved one. Bequest language is provided as a service of Paducah Junior College, Inc., the foundation of West
Kentucky Community and Technical College. Examples of planned gifts include:
- Gifts under will such as specific bequests, residual bequests, contingent bequests, or formula bequests
- Insurance Beneficiary Designations
- Retirement Plan Designations
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Remainder Interests in Property
Contact Us to obtain information on how send donations to WKCTC