TRiO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federal program, funded by the U.S. Department
- is committed to helping participants improve their academic skills, establish goals, and earn a college degree.
- provides a comprehensive range of services.
- is designed to provide essential services students need to stay in college until they graduate and / or transfer to a four-year institution.
- provides a comfortable and dedicated learning environment at no cost.
- Meet low-income guidelines (family meets Federal Eligibility Guidelines, as verified by WKCTC)
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent, step-parent, or guardian with whom you have lived has earned a bachelors degree)
- Have a documented disability
- Workshops in life skills, study skills, and career planning
- Individual tutoring
- Computer lab and printing
- Personal education plans
- Transfer information and campus visits to four-year institutions
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Financial management assistance and financial literacy training
- Mentoring and coaching by project staff
- Complete an application
- Meet with advisor at least twice each semester
- Request tutoring when needed
- Make satisfactory academic progress
- Stay active in program services
- Demonstrate commitment to succeed in college
TRIO Support Services
West Kentucky Community & Technical College
4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Anderson Technical Building, room 126
Paducah, KY 42001
7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.