Commencement Ceremony Information
AnnouncementsFall 2021 graduates, we are planning Commencement and will celebrate your success as candidates for graduation from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in December! As the COVID-19 protocol has changed at the Carson Center for the Performing Arts to require proof of full vaccination and identification for all events, we will celebrate Fall Commencement with a walk-thru ceremony, requiring a limited number of candidates for graduation and their families during scheduled times in our Clemens Fine Arts Center on campus on Saturday, December 11. Specific plans will be coming soon. Thank you for your patience.
Congratulations! West Kentucky Community and Technical College’s president and faculty and staff would like to invite you, your family and friends to participate in commencement. For your reference, we have put together this commencement information page for more detailed information on the schedule of events for the day of commencement.
WKCTC holds three commencements per academic year, two in May and one in December.
- All graduates* from the previous Summer semester and the Fall semester will be invited to attend commencement in December.
- All graduates* from the Spring semester will be invited to attend commencement in May.
- Students must fill out a credential application in order to be considered to receive any certificate, diploma or degree for a semester. If the credential application is submitted after the deadline, the student will not receive commencement information and their name will not be printed in the appropriate Commencement Program or be provided to hometown media.
- Students must go to the WKCTC Bookstore in order to RSVP for commencement and purchase cap/gown.
- Credentials will not be handed out at commencement. Students will be contacted approximately 10-12 weeks following commencement to pick up their credential in the Anderson Technical Building, Room 106.
*A graduate is any student who receives a certificate, diploma, OR degree.