Commencement | WKCTC

Commencement Ceremony Information

Congratulations graduates! This commencement information page provides you with detailed information on the schedule of events for the day of commencement to celebrate and honor your accomplishment with family and friends as you graduate from West Kentucky Community and Technical College.

  •  Saturday, May 7
  • Carson Center for the Performing Arts
  • 100 Kentucky Avenue in downtown Paducah
  • Two ceremonies will be held, 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
  • Graduates attend ceremonies based on program. A breakdown of ceremonies is listed below. 
  • All graduates should report to the back loading dock of the Carson Center to sign in for designaged ceremony. 
  • All guests should enter the front doors of the Carson Center. 
  • The Carson Center's current COVID-19 policy can be found at


Graduates should arrive at the back loading dock no later than 9:15 a.m. Front doors for guests open at approximately 9:30 a.m.

  • Associate in Arts
  • Associate in Science
  • Cosmetology
  • Dental Assisting
  • Diagnostic Medical Sonography
  • Health Science Technology
  • Medical Information Technology
  • Medical Laboratory Technician
  • Nursing - Associate Degree Nursing
  • Nursing - Practical Nursing
  • Nursing - Nursing Assistant
  • Pharmacy Technology
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Radiography
  • Surgical Technology


Graduates should arrive at the back loading dock no later than 11:45 a.m. Front doors for guests open at approximately noon.  

  • Associate in Fine Arts - Visual Arts
  • Air Conditioning Technology
  • Apprenticeship Studies
  • Automotive Technology
  • Business Studies - Business Administration
  • Business Studies – Administrative Office       Technology
  • Collision Repair Technology
  • Computer Aided Drafting and Design
  • Computer and Information Technologies
  • Computerized Manufacturing and Machining
  • Construction Technology
  • Criminal Justice
  • Culinary Arts
  • Diesel Technology
  • Fire/Rescue Science Technology
  • Homeland Security/Emergency Management
  • Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
  • Logistics and Operations Management
  • Manufacturing Industrial Technology – Electrical Technology
  • Manufacturing Industrial Technology – Industrial       Maintenance Technology
  • Marine Technology
  • Mechatronic Systems
  • Visual Communication - Multimedia
  • Welding Technology
  • Graduates, go to the WKCTC Bookstore in the Anderson Technical Building between April 4 and April 29 to purchase your cap, gown and tassel.
  • The cost is $39.98 (plus tax) and an extra tassel is $6.98 (plus tax).
  • The cost cannot be deferred against financial aid.
  • Graduates, please confirm the bookstore staff adds your name to the commencement participation list.
  • If you have previously purchased a black cap and gown, you must still go to the bookstore to have your name added to the list. 
  • The bookstore is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.­ to 4 p.m. 
  • While at the bookstore for your cap, gown and tassel between April 4-29, you may also pick up any honor cords you are eligible to receive.
  • Available Cords: Honors for High Distinction, Community Scholarship Program and Veterans. There is no additional charge for the honor cords. 
  • If you are a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, honor stoles are also available. The cost is $25.98 (plus tax). 
  • Professional photographs of all graduates will be taken at commencement. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the photography company in the weeks following commencement.
  • Jones Photography will be taking commencement photos. A photo website has been created to purchase photos at– the access code is WKCTC22.  The website has the option to sign up for notifications for when photos are posted! 
  • Photography information will also be in the commencement program.
  • No tickets are required. There is no limit on number of guests.
  • Graduates who need special accommodations must contact Tammy Thompson by April 22.
  • or 270-534-3215.
  • If you have any questions regarding graduation requirements and credentials, please do not hesitate to contact the Records Office at (270) 534-3260.
  • If you have any questions regarding commencement on May 7, contact Tammy Thompson at or 270-534-3215.


WKCTC holds three commencements per academic year, two in May and one in December.

  • All graduates* from the previous Summer semester and the Fall semester will be invited to attend commencement in December.
  • All graduates* from the Spring semester will be invited to attend commencement in May.
  • Students must fill out a credential application to be considered to receive any diploma or degree for a semester. If the credential application is submitted after the deadline, the student will not receive commencement information and their name will not be printed in the appropriate Commencement Program or be provided to hometown media.
  • Credentials will not be handed out at commencement. Students will be contacted approximately 10-12 weeks following commencement to pick up their credential in the Anderson Technical Building, Room 106.

*A graduate is any student who receives a certificate, diploma, OR degree.