- The Registrar’s Office will check your requirements. If problems are discovered, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
- Your credential will be mailed to your home address approximately 10-12 weeks after the end of the semester. If you move or intend to move after graduation, please make sure you change your address, officially, in the Admissions Office. Changes must be made by the end of the semester in which you are graduating.
- The graduation ceremony is held once a year (the first or second week in May). All Summer and Fall graduates and the following Spring potential graduates will receive a letter inviting them to participate in graduation ceremonies. A graduate is any student who has been awarded a certificate, diploma or degree.
- Your completion date and the credential received will be noted on your transcript within six weeks after the last day of finals. If you need proof of your credential, please come to the Records Office and request a copy of your transcript to be sent to the prospective school, prospective employers, etc.
- For AA, AS, AFA, or AAS degrees only: If you have 45 or more graded hours within KCTCS, and a GPA of 3.40-3.59, you will graduate with Distinction, or if you have a GPA of 3.60-4.00, you will graduate with High Distinction. This academic achievement will be noted on your transcript. If you have met the above criteria by the semester preceding graduation, the notation will appear in the Commencement Program.
- For diplomas only: If you have 30 or more graded hours within KCTCS and a GPA of 3.40-3.59, you will graduate with Distinction, or if you have a GPA of 3.60-4.00, you will graduate with High Distinction.
- For more information regarding Graduation Requirements, please view the KCTCS Catalog.
- If you have questions that are not answered on this sheet, please do not hesitate to contact Jess Puffenbarger in the Records Office at (270) 534-3504.