Basic Computer Classes Offered at WKCTC
Workforce Solutions at West Kentucky Community and Technical College will offer a
series of courses that can help individuals learn basic computer skills. All classes
will be offered in May and June at the Emerging Technology Center.
Beginners can learn the basics of computing including computer hardware and software components, hardware and software capabilities, and software applications possibilities. The beginners class is set for May 9, May 16 and June 2 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. The cost for the basic computer classes is $50.00 per session.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- describe basic computer functions and use correct computer terminology;
- examine and identify the components (both hardware and software) of a computer system;
- use a word processing software package;
- use an Internet email package to send and receive email;
- use the Internet as a resource tool to research various topics;
- manipulate and control the Windows desktop, files, and disks
Beginners and advanced beginners courses covering Microsofts Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs will also be offered in May and June. Class dates and times for each program are as follows:
- Microsoft Excel May 10, May 24, and May 31
- Microsoft PowerPoint May 23 and June 1
- Microsoft Word May 17 and May 26
Each course will have a beginners and advanced beginners class. The cost for each
session is $40.00. Beginners classes will be held from 9:00 am 12:00 Noon.
Advanced beginners classes will be held from 1:00- 4:00 pm Space is limited. Call 270-534-3335 to register.