News Archive

PSAD Holiday Art Sale at the Clemens Fine Arts Gallery December 5-6

Paducah School of Art and Design (PSAD) is inviting the public to get ready for a unique holiday shopping opportunity at the Fifth Annual Student and Faculty Holiday Art Sale at the Clemens Fine Arts Center Gallery December 5-6. The gallery is located on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College (WKCTC).

PSADs Holiday Art Sale will be held Saturday, December 5 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, December 6 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A preview sale is offered to WKCTC students, faculty and staff Friday, December 4 from noon to 5 p.m.

The annual art sale provides individuals the opportunity to purchase unique works of art by students, studio assistants and faculty as gifts or collectibles. The sale includes hundreds upon hundreds of artworks including one-of-a-kind jewelry, ceramics, photography, paintings, drawings, sculpture, and fabric art. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to find a unique, hand-crafted, beautiful piece of art to give to your special someone this holiday season, said Paul Aho, PSAD dean.

Sales support individual students, as well as student enrichment activities by PSADs Art and Design Club. Artists keep 80 percent of the proceeds and the remaining 20 percent is donated to the club to fund field trips to National Portfolio Day events and other transfer-related activities. During the past four years, the event has been a huge success, selling hundreds of artworks at gift-giving prices, said Aho.
PSAD, a division of West Kentucky Community and Technical College, offers an Associate in Fine Arts degree, as well as studio art classes for students of all levels and disciplines. Classes are offered on WKCTCs campus, at 409 Broadway in downtown Paducah and 919 Madison Street in LowerTown.

Registration for spring classes at WKCTC is currently underway. Call 1-(855) GO-WKCTC or visit westkentucky.kctcs.edu for class offerings. Spring classes begin January 11.