Air Conditioning Technology
- Are you looking for a career for uncertain times?
- Are you a logical thinker?
- Do you enjoy solving mechanical problems utilizing state-of-the-art equipment?
If the answer to these questions is yes, you will benefit from Air Conditioning Technology program offerings.The development of new green energy-saving heating and air-conditioning systems has led to the inclusion of these integral elements in our program. Trained HVAC technicians will find ample job opportunities in the fields of service and repair; equipment design; and manufacturing, sales, or system design. Because of the increasing sophistication of heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems, employers prefer to hire those who have completed technical school training or a formal apprenticeship. According to the website, salary.com, the mean salary for a Journeyman Mechanic in Western Kentucky is $34,420. Check out our flyer.
Program Standing: Progression in the Air Conditioning Technology program is contingent upon achievement of a grade of C or greater in each technical course.
Students can earn the Associate in Applied Science in General Occupational/Technical Studies. This degree provides flexible alternatives for meeting student and employer needs. Credit earned through certificate and diploma program completion is applicable toward the Associate in Applied Science in General Occupational/Technical Studiesdegree when consistent with the objectives of the students individual plan of study.
- Boiler Maintenance | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Chiller Maintenance | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Domestic Air Conditioner and Furnace Installer | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Environmental Control System Servicer | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Environmental System Repair Helper
- Refrigeration Mechanic | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Length of Program
Students seeking a diploma can complete their plan of study in three semesters by completing a total of 60-67 credit hours of technical and general education courses. Certificates embedded within the diploma may be awarded as credential requirements are met. Classes are offered during two 16 week semesters (August-December and January- May) each academic year at the Skilled Craft Training Center, located at 70 Hickory Road, Hickory, KY 42051.Dual credit coursesare accepted from local high school districts and allow the student to enter in their second semester of the program.
There are no special admission requirements for this program. Please consult WKCTC'sgeneral admission requirements.
- Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
- Air-Conditioning Contractors of America
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook
- General Information for HVAC License Applicants
National Center for Construction Education and Research
13614 Progress Boulevard
Alachua, FL 32615
Main: 386.518.6500 Toll-free: 888.622.3720
Mark Westerfield, Program Coordinator
Links open in new windows.