Commencement Ceremony Information
Congratulations! West Kentucky Community and Technical College’s president and faculty and staff would like to invite you, your family and friends to participate in commencement. For your reference, we have put together this commencement information page for more detailed information on the schedule of events for the day of commencement.
WKCTC holds three commencements per academic year, two in May and one in December.
- All graduates* from the previous Summer semester and the Fall semester will be invited to attend commencement in December.
- All graduates* from the Spring semester will be invited to attend commencement in May.
- Students must fill out a credential application in order to be considered to receive any certificate, diploma or degree for a semester. If the credential application is submitted after the deadline, the student will not receive commencement information and their name will not be printed in the appropriate Commencement Program or be provided to hometown media.
- Students must go to the WKCTC Bookstore in order to RSVP for commencement and purchase cap/gown.
- Credentials will not be handed out at commencement. Students will be contacted approximately 10-12 weeks following commencement to pick up their credential in the Anderson Technical Building, Room 106.
*A graduate is any student who receives a certificate, diploma, OR degree.
Attention Graduates: No tickets are required for Commencement. (Fall 2018 Commencement Information Packet)
|Date:||Monday, December 10, 2018|
|Location:||Carson Four Rivers Center
December 2018 Commencement Arrival Times
Graduates Arrive No Later Than 6:15 p.m. for 7:00 p.m. ceremony.
Please arrive in your commencement cap and gown attire. Graduates must enter through the back loading dock entrance of the Carson Center and sign in at the registration table for the ceremony. WKCTC staff will be available to help students line up for processional.
Faculty arrive No Later Than 6:15 p.m. for 7:00 p.m. ceremony.
Please arrive in regalia. Faculty must enter through the back loading dock entrance
of the Carson Center and check in with staff volunteers for the ceremony. Staff volunteers
will also assist faculty with lining up for the processional.
Doors open for guests at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Cap, Gown & Tassel
Students can purchase/pick-up cap and gown from November 1-30. WKCTC Bookstore hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Graduation Set (Cap, Gown, 1 Tassel)
$42.00 + tax
1 Extra Tassel
$7.00 + tax
Phi Theta Kappa Stoles
Graduating Phi Theta Kappa students should contact Dr. Gericke (Rosenthal Hall Office or email@example.com) to order stoles. The cost will be $20 (cash or check payable to PTK). Students must be a PTK member in good standing (minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA and receiving a degree at time of order). The deadline to order stoles for December commencement is November 1, 2018 3:00 CST.
Graduating veterans are eligible to wear a red, white, and blue honor cord with their cap and gown in honor of their military service. If you have served honorably in the U.S. military and are graduating and attending a WKCTC Commencement, you will receive an honor cord to represent your service to our country. To obtain your honor cord, please contact WKCTC Veterans Coordinator. Honor cords can be picked up in the Office of Veterans Services located in Anderson Technical Building, room 106.
Blue Honor Cords
Diploma/Degree students with a 3.6 GPA or higher, may pick up their honor cords at the commencement check-in table. For Fall graduate honors, the Summer cumulative GPA is used, as well as the Summer cumulative credit hours with the addition of courses in progress.