What is an AA Degree?
The Science and Mathematics Division offers transfer courses parallel to the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. Completion of an Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, or Associate in Applied Science degree can provide direct entry into the job market as well as enhanced educational opportunities. See an academic advisor for a list of courses that best meet your educational plans. The division offers a rich learning experience that fully prepares WKCTC transfer and technical students for success in an environment of respect, opportunity, and empowerment.
What are my options with this degree?
Associate in Arts (AA) Degree
Earning an Associate of Arts (AA) will assist you in fulfilling the general education requirements in accordance to the General Education Transfer Policy with any Kentucky public university (example: University of Kentucky or Murray State University).
- KCTCS Transfer Site (Offering transfer information and answers to common transfer questions.)
- KCTCS Programs and Catalog (All programs of study featured in the KCTCS catalog may not be available at the WKCTC campus.)
- College Transfer Guide (u.select site [CAS] is a web site to view program requirements and course equivalencies. The site allows you to see how courses taken at WKCTC will transfer to other universities.)
- Are you an incoming transfer, transfer-bound, or visiting student? Check out WKCTC Transfer Information.
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College is a partner of the University of Kentucky Engineering Program in Paducah offering courses leading to a bachelors degree from UK in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.