Amp up your career and become an industrial or construction electrician.
What is Electrical Technology?
Job opportunities in the electrical industry cover a wide range of activities including electrical maintenance and construction. Training in the Electrical Technology program is broad in scope and designed to meet the needs of students seeking careers in any branch of the electrical industry. The skills acquired while enrolled in the electrical technology program prepare students for positions such as plant and factory supervision, industrial electrical maintenance, as well as residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction. Job duties might include maintaining and monitoring electrical and electronic equipment used in process control and product fabrication. The installation and calibration of electrical equipment and components in residential, commercial and industrial environments are also areas which demand the skills of trained technicians.
What are my degree, diploma, and certificate options?
- Electrical Technology AAS - Automated Industrial Controls Technician Track
- Electrical Technology AAS - Construction Electrician Track
- Electrical Technology AAS - Industrial Electrician Track
- Automated Industrial Controls Technician TracK Diploma
- Construction Electrician Track Diploma
- Industrial Electrician Track Diploma
- Automated Industrial Controls Technician Level I Certificate
- Automated Industrial Controls Technician Level II Certificate
- Construction Electrician Level I Certificate
- Construction Electrician Level II Certificate
- Construction Electrician Level III Certificate
- Industrial Electrician Level I Certificate
- Industrial Electrician Level II Certificate
How Do I Pay For This?
Worry no more. With the lowest tuition in Kentucky, financial aid options, and a helping hand to guide you through the application process, WKCTC has you covered. WKCTC will help you reach your goals at a price that won't break the bank.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Program Standing: Students enrolled in the Electrical Technology program are required to achieve a minimum grade of C in the technical core and in those courses selected as technical electives.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in collaboration with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.