What is Health Science Technology?
Health Science Technology (HST) is designed to prepare students for entry-level career
opportunities in the field of health care and health-related services. Many of the
general education and core courses are required courses for completion of varied professional
health programs, providing a seamless transition into a selective admission program.
Students awaiting admission to a selective admission program (Medical Laboratory Technician, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Associate Degree and Practical Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, and Surgical Technology) will be placed in the Health Science Technology degree option.
What are my career choices?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Outpatient surgery centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Physician office
How much will I earn?
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Nursing Assistant | Download the academic plan
- Advanced Nursing Assistant | Download the academic plan
- Phlebotomy for the Healthcare Worker | Download the academic plan
- Pharmacy Technician | Download the academic plan
- Medical Receptionist | Download the academic plan
- Electronic Health Records | Download the academic plan
- Medical Coding | Download the academic plan
A certificate is earned by a student after taking a series of courses in a particular subject. Students often earn certificates to get a step ahead in the professional field of their interest, and certificates may be offered in similar programs leading to degrees.
How do I apply for this program?
Admission to certificate courses (nursing assistant, phlebotomy, pharmacy) requires students to meet the minimum requirement for enrollment. You may also consult WKCTC general admission requirements.
Additional Resources / Training
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.