What is Visual Communication - Design & Technology?
At West Kentucky Community and Technical College, we're looking for bright, creative, innovative, imaginative people of all ages to be a part of a wonderful educational experience. Learning occurs as your imagination takes you to places far beyond your fantasies toward the career of your dreams. Areas include animation, audio/video, web design, graphic design and much more. So come visit us in the Multimedia Department, where we're putting a creative touch on life.
What are my career choices?
- News Media
- Advertising Agencies
- Graphic Design Studios
- Printing and Signage Companies
- Web Design and Video Production Studios
- Colleges and Universities
- Other Creative Services Departments
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Visual Communication - Multimedia
- Digital Design (Digital Communication: Multimedia)
- Digital Production Assistant (Visual Communication: Printing)
- Production Design Assistant (Visual Communication: Design and Technology)
- Video Production (Visual Communication: Multimedia)
- Web Design (Visual Communication: Multimedia)
Length of Program
Students must complete 66-70 hours of credit for an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Visual Communication Multimedia, 51-63 hours for diplomas, and 12-33 hours for certificates. Certificates are embedded within the diplomas with the exception of the Specialty Graphics Certificate which is a standalone certificate.
There are no special admission requirements for this program. Please consult WKCTC's general admission requirements
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.