What is Visual Communication - Design & Technology?
At West Kentucky Community and Technical College, we're looking for bright, creative, innovative, imaginative people of all ages to be a part of a wonderful educational experience. Learning occurs as your imagination takes you to places far beyond your fantasies toward the career of your dreams. Areas include animation, audio/video, web design, graphic design and much more. So come visit us in the Multimedia Department, where we're putting a creative touch on life.
What are my career choices?
- News Media
- Advertising Agencies
- Graphic Design Studios
- Printing and Signage Companies
- Web Design and Video Production Studios
- Colleges and Universities
- Other Creative Services Departments
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Visual Communication - Multimedia
- Interactive Guide (xlsx document)
- Digital Design (Digital Communication: Multimedia)
- Digital Production Assistant (Visual Communication: Printing)
- Production Design Assistant (Visual Communication: Design and Technology)
- Video Production (Visual Communication: Multimedia)
- Web Design (Visual Communication: Multimedia)
Length of Program
Students must complete 66-70 hours of credit for an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Visual Communication Multimedia, 51-63 hours for diplomas, and 12-33 hours for certificates. Certificates are embedded within the diplomas with the exception of the Specialty Graphics Certificate which is a standalone certificate.
There are no special admission requirements for this program. Please consult WKCTC's general admission requirements
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.
Field Licensure Requirements
There are no specific requirements to work in this field beyond completion of the program.