WKCTC Student Debt Payback Program
The WKCTC Student Debt Payback Program is intended to help students who have previously attended WKCTC, did not graduate, have a past balance due of up to $1,200, and want to come back to WKCTC to finish their credential. Up to $1,000 of their prior debt to the college will be paid upon successful entry into the program and completion of the program requirements. This is not a student loan forgiveness program.
Students must complete an application process to be considered for the WKCTC Student Debt Payback Program.
*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE*
- Students who have not earned a diploma/degree.
- Students who have a past due account balance of $1,200 or less.
- Students who have a completed FAFSA for the current year with WKCTC as the selected college.
- Students who have a means to pay for future coursework through financial aid or other sources.
- Preference may be given to students who can complete their chosen credential within two semesters.
What are the Program Requirements after being Accepted into the Program?
- Register for a minimum of six credits each semester (or whatever SAP approves) until credential is received.
- Limit coursework to only those courses required for graduation.
- Earn a minimum of a "C" grade in each course.
- Meet all financial aid student and account balance requirements.
- Meet monthly with a Success Coach.
How is My Balance to WKCTC Forgiven?
A student's balance with the college is forgiven in either two installments based on the amount owed or number of semesters to receive a credential. Some debts may be paid in full after one successful semester. Students must be enrolled at least part-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible. Debt from other colleges will not be paid as part of this program.
Example 1: Student left WKCTC owing a balance of $1,000 in 2013. Student returns to WKCTC and enrolls in Spring 2022 as a full-time student. Student successfully completes all program requirements for the semester. WKCTC pays $500 of the student's past-due balance. Student enrolls for the next semester. At the end of that successful semester, WKCTC pays the other $500 of the past-due balance.
Example 2: Student left WKCTC owing a balance of $400 in 2016 and their account was not turned over to the DOR. Student returns to WKCTC and enrolls in Spring 2022 as a part-time student. Student finishes the diploma with one semester. WKCTC posts scholarship for $400 to student’s past due balance.
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
For more information or to apply please complete the form below: