Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
To get started you'll need:
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- High school name, city and state you have attended.
- Name, city and state of all colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
WKCTC's school code is 001979.
Apply for the Work Ready Scholarship.
Explore other opportunities for financial assistance, such as: WKCTC scholarships, VA Benefits, work-study and more!
For the 2021-22 school year, incoming students may be eligible to use their unweighted final high school GPA (of 2.0 or higher) for placement in courses.
If Available, Request ACT Scores or SAT Scores Test Scores. -OR-
Schedule an appointment to complete the assessment.
If taken, request AP scores (school code: 1620). Mail directly to WKCTC Records, PO Box 7380, Paducah, KY 42002
First Time Students:
- Request official final high school transcript by contacting your High School or Board of Education. Acceptable delivery methods: Mail, In-Person, E-Mail, Electronic Delivery (ex. Parchment or ScribSafe).
- Transcripts must be final (include a graduation date and final unweighted GPA) in order to be considered official.
- If you earned a GED, you may be able to use the search tool to request your GED transcript.
- If you have completed Dual Credit coursework with another college, you must submit an official final transcript from that college. Acceptable delivery methods: Secure Electronic Delivery (ex. Clearinghouse, e-Scrip, Evaluation Agency), mail directly to WKCTC, and student delivered transcripts must be in a sealed official envelope, with a print date of less than 6 months.
Returning or Transfer Students:
- Request all prior official post-secondary transcripts be sent directly to WKCTC.
- Acceptable delivery methods: mail directly to WKCTC, Secure Electronic Delivery (ex. Clearinghouse, e-Scrip, Evaluation Agency), and student delivered transcripts must be in a sealed official envelope, with a print date of less than 6 months.
- We cannot accept any faxed, unsecure e-mailed or opened hand delivered college transcripts.
- Submit your most recent in-progress unofficial college transcript from your home institution.
- Acceptable delivery methods: Email, Mail and student delivered.
Admissions Documentation Submission:
- Email: WKCTCenrollment@kctcs.edu
- Address: PO Box 7380, Paducah, KY 42002
- Building: Anderson Technical Building - Lobby
- Preferred Secure Electronic Transmissions: National Student Clearinghouse and Parchment.
Contact the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment with a counselor to register for classes.
Phone: (270) 534-3435
Once you have completed your admissions application you may set up your student account to gain access to MyPath. MyPath is your central sign-in hub for everything you need as a WKCTC student!
Select Setup User Profile to create your account. You will need to provide your birth month and day and KCTCS Student ID number. You will retrieve your KCTCS username and then be allowed to set your password.
Note: student email will not be available until after you enroll in classes.
Download the KCTCS App, sign in and select West Kentucky Community and Technical College as your campus to keep up to date with campus news and connect with peers!
Need assistance with setting up your user account? Give us a call anytime 24/7 at 855.469.5282.
After enrollment, you may make payment arrangements with the WKCTC Business Office through your Student Self-Service on MyPath.
- Tuition due dates are available on our Academic Calendars.
Explore other opportunities for financial assistance, such as payment plans and more!
You may purchase books and supplies at the Bookstore online or in Anderson Technical Building up to 6 weeks before classes begin.
Need to charge against your excess financial aid? You may charge books starting 10 days before the semester begins through 10 days after the semester has started. Be sure to complete your bookstore release under Tasks in your student self-service by logging into MyPath.
Parking permits are required when visiting the WKCTC campus and cost $20. For directions to request your parking permit, visit the WKCTC Parking Policies page.
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!