Community Patron Circulation Policies
Below are policies regarding the library's use by members of the local community.
- In order to receive a library card, community patrons must be 18 years of age, present their driver's license and bring a piece of mail or pay stub that indicates that they work or reside in McCracken County. They will provide their address, phone number, and driver's license number for the patron record.
- The first card is available at no cost. Replacement cards cost $1.00.
- No library cards will be issued to organizations.
- Community patrons may have five items checked out at one time.
- Items available for check out include all circulating books and audiovisuals.
- Books and Audiobooks on CD can be checked out for 3 weeks with two, 2 week renewals.
- DVDs can be checked out for five (5) days.
- Reference, AV Media, Special Collections, and periodicals may be used in the library.
- Equipment is not available for checkout to community patrons. Any exception to this policy will be made by one of the librarians.
- Interlibrary loan service is not available to community patrons.
Fines and Fees
- Replacement Cards - $1.00
- Upon generation of fines/fee notice, the Voyager system indicates a maximum charge of $85.00 ($70.00 maximum cost of item + $10.00 processing + $5.00 overdue fee).
- Upon return of an overdue item, the patron owes a $5.00 overdue fee.
- If an item is lost by a patron, the patron will be charged the actual cost of the item listed on Amazon.com up to $70.00, a $10.00 processing charge, and the $5.00 overdue fee, if overdue.
- Community patrons will be logged on by a library staff member using a generic password. A picture ID is required.
- The usage guidelines for library computers are the same as for Matheson Library students, faculty, and staff. They are posted in the library.
- Access to online databases is limited to in-library use only.
- Access to the KCTCS Public wireless network is available. Community patrons can access the wireless network by selecting "KCTCS-GUEST" when they connect.
- 10 free copies per day; library staff enters password.
- Additional copies may be purchased for 10 cents each.