Military Training Credit | WKCTC

Military Training Credit


A student may receive course credit where appropriate, and equivalent courses are available for formal military training as recommended in A Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Service (ACE Guide), published by the American Council on Education (ACE).  The Military Guide presents credit recommendations and detailed summaries for formal courses and occupations offered by all branches of the military. 

How Can I Earn Military Training Credit?
To receive a Military Transcript Evaluation, you should first request an official military transcript be sent to the Registrar's Office at WKCTC.  You can request your military transcript through the Joint Services Transcript Portal or Community College of the Air Force.  You should then submit a Military Transfer Agreement Form

Military service credit in career-technical areas that is 10 or more years old and is to be applied toward graduation in the career-technical field must be approved by the appropriate division dean.

What is the Cost for Military Training Credit?
There is no cost to be awarded credit for training received in the military.  Reach out to your local veterans services team with any questions you have about the process of determining your credit options.