Drop/Withdraw Refund Policy
- Students must complete a withdraw/drop request and officially withdraw/drop by the deadline date to be eligible for a refund.
- Students must complete the withdraw/drop request within their student self-service to request to withdraw/drop from a class. Instructor permission may be required.
- Refunds and withdrawal dates for classes other than the regular 16-week classes will be determined by the amount of time the class has met. Contact the Registrar for questions regarding these classes.
- Refund dates are subject to change at the discretion of the KCTCS Board of Regents.
- Students who receive Title IV aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Student Loans) and who either officially withdraw from school or who stop attending classes before the 60% date of the course (or before earning 60% of the required hours in a clock hour program) may be required to repay a portion of grant or loan funds.
- Refunds for sessions different from those listed below are prorated according to the session in proportion to the traditional 16-week session. A session is defined as an enrollment period within an academic term. An academic term (fall, spring, or summer) may have a number of sessions running concurrently (i.e., 16-, 8-, or 4-week).
|Session||100%||50 %||No Refund|
|16-week||Within 7th day||8th - 29th days||After 29th day|
|14-week||Within 6th day||7th - 25th days||After 25th day|
|12-week||Within 5th day||6th - 22nd days||After 22nd day|
|10-week||Within 4th day||5th - 18th days||After 18th day|
|8-week||Within 4th day||5th - 15th days||After 15th day|
|6-week||Within 3rd day||4th - 11th days||After 11th day|
|6-week||Within 2nd day||3rd - 9th days||After 9th day|
|4-week||Within 1st day||2nd - 7th days||After 7thday|
*Calendar days of the session, including all Saturdays and Sundays, but excluding KCTCS holidays. The session start date is not always the first day of class meeting.