- Complete the application for Work Study employment and return to our office.
- The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to your course of study whenever possible.
- You do not need to be grant eligible to participate in this program.
- Students must be enrolled in six credit hours and maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Students are paid $9.00 per hour for on campus and community service jobs.
Once a supervisor chooses to hire you, the College will process your FWS award and
present it to you in a Financial Aid Package. Your total FWS award depends on when
you apply, your level of need, and the FWS Program funding level for the current Academic
Most FWS jobs are on the Colleges campus, but there is a possibility that some FWS jobs will be located in a private nonprofit organization or public agency; and the work performed would be off campus and in the public interest.
The amount you earn cant exceed your total FWS award as calculated in your Financial Aid Package. The College will consider your class schedule and other personal obligations when assigning work hours. FWS wages are paid two weeks in arrears on the 15th and the 30th of each month. You may participate in FWS as long as you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress and meet all other FWS eligibility requirements.