Mackenzie Scott Opportunities (S.O.S.) Scholarship
The MacKenzie Scott Opportunities Scholarship (S.O.S) will assist first-time, credential-seeking, young adults under age 25 attend college. The scholarship is need based and will fund up to $2,000 per student. Eligibility requirements include completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a simple scholarship application. The award can be used to help pay the cost of attendance, including tuition, fees, and materials and is designed to help those students who may not qualify for enough federal and state funding to cover these expenses. Funding is limited and awards will be made for the 2022-23 academic year on a first-come, first-served basis for those who qualify.
To qualify to receive the S.O.S. Scholarship, students must:
- Enter WKCTC as a first-time student without an associate degree or higher;
- Be admitted to WKCTC as a degree-seeking student;
- Be no older than 24 years of age on August 15, 2022 (students 25 and older are encouraged to apply for the Adult Promise Scholarship;
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the first day of first semester enrolled;
- Complete Work Ready Scholarship application (if applicable);
- Enroll and complete at least six credit hours for each semester;
- Maintain a 2.0 or above GPA;
- Must enroll in WKCTC courses;
- Must show financial need as determined by S.O.S. Scholarship guidelines*
*Qualified applicants are those who meet the criteria listed above and have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as indicated from the 2022-23 FAFSA, between $3000 - $15,000 with unmet need and are not eligible to have full tuition paid by other federal, state, or local programs, including the Community Scholarship Program (CSP) or other current scholarships.