Train for your CDL Class “A” in just four weeks!
Our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program is designed to prepare individuals with
little or no commercial driving experience for an entry-level position in the trucking
industry. Our focus is on developing safe, responsible drivers. This accelerated training
program is provided by West Kentucky Community and Technical College’s Workforce Solutions
Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program includes...
- CDL Class A endorsement preparation
- DOT Drug Screen and DOT Physical
- Classroom, range and road instruction led by credentialed experienced trucking professional
- 160 hours of training, 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday, for four weeks
- Map reading, trip planning, and vehicle operation training
- DOT rules, regulations and log books instruction
- Class A road test administered by Kentucky State Police upon class completion
- Certificate of completion
Program Entry Requirements
- A high-school diploma or GED is not required
- Individuals must be able to read, write and speak the English language; be able to
meet the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements; pass a
drug screen; and have a valid driver’s license at the time of class registration.
- It is recommended that the student obtain a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
from the Circuit Court Clerk’s office prior to starting the program.
Please note: Students with a driver's license from outside of Kentucky should plan
to enroll at least 30 days before their class begins to avoid license transfer charges.
The following may disqualify individuals:
- Driving record inconsistent with industry standards for entry-level driving positions
- History of drug or alcohol abuse
- History of mental disorder
- Permanent disability or other physical limitations
Course Fee - $3,950.00
- Fee does not include: permit test ($24), permit ($61) or license ($61).
The $3,950.00 tuition covers instruction, DOT physical, DOT drug test, manual and
log books needed for successful delivery of training.
Payment arrangements must be made before class begins. Pay by cash, MasterCard, Visa,
Discover, or cashier's check payable to WKCTC. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Vocational Rehabilitation programs.
- WKCTC is approved for veterans and/or dependent/spouse of a veteran to receive Veterans
Educational Benefits. Contact your local counselor for details.
- TAA – Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Kentucky Farm Workers (contact Miranda Norsworthy at (270) 705-7647)
(Contact your local Career Center office to see if you qualify for WIOA or TAA benefits)
Full refunds will be granted if the class is canceled by WKCTC or the student officially
withdraws before the first day of class. Partial refunds may be granted if requested
in writing by the end of the second day of class or if the student does not pass DOT
physical or drug test. No refunds will be granted if requested after the second day
of class or if the student is dismissed for violating the class code of conduct. Non-attendance
does not relieve the student of financial obligation or entitle the student to a refund.
To Register or For Questions
Call Kevin O'Neill at (270) 534-3206 or visit the college's Workforce Solutions office
in Emerging Technology Center, Suite 146, Paducah, KY 42002. CDL class offered at
the Purchase Area Training Center.