We help young adults, ages 18-24, figure out what they want to do and help them get there.
We do this through:
- Academic Opportunities
- Personal Meetings
- Resources (print, online and referrals)
- Paid/Unpaid Work Experience Opportunities
- Ages 18-24
- have not been in school for the last 3 months
- have a barrier to employment
- need a high school diploma
- low income
- have legal issues
- aged out of the foster care system
- have child(ren) or be pregnant,
- have a disability
We provide services in Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken Counties! We can come to you!
Workshops and academic improvement
We offer online and in person workshops to help you improve your work readiness skills so you can become leaders in your chosen career paths.
- Customer Service and Sales
- Financial Literacy
- Employability Skills
- Life Skills
We will continue to add to our workshops to provide you with great opportunities to learn and grow.
We also strive to encourage you to improve your academic skills so that you can be ready for any opportunity that comes your way. It helps you get ready for school, improve your problem solving skills, and helps you follow through with given tasks, which employers really like.
We connect you with area education partners to provide short-term certification training. The certifications will be industry recognized certifications that you can use nationally.
Some of the ones we work with now are:
- Customer Service and Sales
- ServSafe for Managers
- CompTia A+
- Fork Lift
We are always looking for new certification and training opportunities, so the list is always growing!
Work Experiences, Internships or Job Shadowing
You can earn while you learn! We partner with area employers to help you gain employment to build your resume, or put you in a work environment you may be interested in to see if you really like it.
It's time to LAUNCH your career! Get started right away! FIll in your contact information and we'll get back to you just as soon as we can!
- We will talk with you about what you are looking for and we will recommend potential employees based on those requirements.
- We will provide you with applications or resumes and ask you to interview the candidate to see if they would work for you.
- We will complete the paperwork which includes a worksite agreement with your address, contact information, FEIN #, wages and title of position as well as at least 2 supervisors.
- We will do a very short supervisor training with the participant's immediate supervisor and an alternate supervisor so that everyone understands the program.
- Staff will check in with you at least once a month to see how things are going, but you may contact us at any time if you run into an issue and we will work with the participant to address any issues you are having.
- We will collect timesheets that you have approved, every 2 weeks.
- We will notify you as the candidate nears the end of their time so that you have time to roll them into your payroll if you choose to hire them as a regular employee.
All candidates must pass a drug screen before they come to work for you.
Become an employer partner today! Fill out your contact information and we'll get back to you right away!
Interested in participating in Team LAUNCH?