2019-2020 SGA Election Information and Nomination Form
Nominations for Student Government Association (SGA) executive offices of President, Vice-President and Secretary are elected at the end of each spring semester to serve from July 1 of said year- June 30 of the following year. Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by any member of the student body for the SGA executive office positions. Executive officers and SGA Advisor will choose SGA Executive Board Senators and Committee Chairs by September 30 each year.
SGA Election Process
Nominations will be open for a two-week period followed by a short campaign period. An online simple majority-voting platform will then be available to the student body for voting in SGA elections. If necessary, special elections may be called with the approval of the SGA Advisor. SGA Advisor - Amy Elmore, Haws Gym 104, (270) 534-3118 email@example.com.
- Submit nomination information online including qualifying information: student ID, GPA, WKCTC hours completed and platform statement.
- Submit a petition of support signed by at least 30 current WKCTC students to the SGA Advisor or President (Petition can be picked up in the SGA office or emailed by SGA Advisor).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from WKCTC faculty, staff or an SGA Executive Officer.
- Submit all required documentation to SGA Advisor during nomination period.
Executive Board Qualifications
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be in good standing with WKCTC.
- Plan to attend WKCTC in the upcoming fall and spring semesters.
- Be a full-time student at WKCTC.
- Have attended at least three SGA meetings prior to election period.
- Serve a minimum of 2 hours a week in the SGA office.
- Be present at SGA sponsored events.
- Positively represent SGA and WKCTC.
- Assist with the promotion and development of SGA and WKCTC.
- Serve as student representative on WKCTC committees as assigned.
- Maintain communication with SGA Advisor and Executive Board.
- Uphold the KCTCS student Code of Conduct and SGA Bylaws.
- The president hall serve as the chairperson of the Executive Board.
- Serve as the chief liaison between SGA and the college administration as well as be the official spokesperson for SGA.
- Create agendas for each meeting and confirm meeting notifications.
- Implement and preside over all SGA club and officer monthly/bi-monthly meetings.
- Appoint SGA committees with confirmation of the SGA Executive Board as the need arises.
- Lead efforts to promote and develop SGA and WKCTC.
- Responsible for the coordination of SGA efforts and implementation of initiatives brought forth by SGA and the student body.
- Serve as the student representative to the WKCTC Board of Directors.
- Seek election of co-representative to the KCTCS Board of Regents and if elected, serve KCTCS Board of Regents rather than WKCTC Board of Directors.
- Remove, with the approval of the Executive Board, persons not fulfilling requirements of their position or acting against the SGA constitution.
- Cast tie-breaking votes.
- The Vice-President shall take on the role of the President including presiding over SGA meetings in the absence of the President.
- Assist the SGA Advisor in determining training sessions for all SGA members during the academic year.
- Assist in coordination of SGA efforts and implementation of initiatives brought forth by SGA and the student body.
- Serve as the student representative to the WKCTC Board of Directors if the SGA President is elected as representative to the KCTCS Board of Regents.
- Assure meeting minutes are recorded, documented and communicated.
- Collect and record all monthly SGA student organization activity reports
- The secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings.
- Supply all SGA with prompt copies of meeting minutes.
- Maintain SGA mailing list and communications.
- Create and record SGA newsletters.
- Collect and file copies of committee minutes, event flyers, and other student activity communications distributed on campus.
- Send reminders of upcoming meetings and attendance policies.
- Send notifications of monthly SGA student organization activity reports.
Fill out form below to submit a SGA executive officer nomination. All fields are required.