Veterans, Military and Dependents
We're Here To Help!
Our Office is staffed by full-time college employees and VA Work Study students whose mission is to assist you while at WKCTC. We can help you with VA forms and act as a liaison between you and the VA Regional Offices to answer questions and solve problems. Veterans is not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
Admission to the College
The Veterans office can help you with your application for admission to WKCTC and
with your application for VA education benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans
You should contact Veterans at least 60 days prior to your anticipated starting date to allow for processing time by the WKCTC Veterans office and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Most Common Actions
- Apply for admission to WKCTC
- Apply for VA education benefits (visit our benefits page)
- Apply for financial aid
- View the timelines for applying for aid (academic calendar - choose your term)
- Request official transcripts from all other colleges. Each institution should mail your official transcript to:
WKCTC Admissions, PO Box 7380, Paducah, KY 42002-7380
- Take placement test (if required) or submit ACT scores
- Enroll in classes in the Veterans Office or with your faculty advisor
- Visit the Veterans Office for file completion (Certification Request Form)
Online Request for VA Certification of Benefits
***Please contact us to review all the steps. Each benefit may require different items.***
Earning Credit for Military Experience
Submit your Joint Service Transcript to the Veterans Office for evaluation.
- Joint Services Transcript (request official copy) and submit this form to us.
- Community College of the Air Force (official copy)
- Obtaining a copy of your DD214. Kentucky residents may request a copy through the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs
- All veterans
- Apply for VA medical care
- Marion VA Medical Center (Paducah and Mayfield CBOCs)
- Paducah DAV-Disabled American Veterans (270) 444-9808
- Paducah American Legion (270) 442-2525
- Kentucky Career Center
- Veterans Care Guide
- Veterans Mesothelioma Guide