West Kentucky Community and Technical College Student Pathfinders are tasked with increasing campus engagement and involvement, providing support to students who might need it, helping new students or struggling students navigate college, and connecting students to campus resources. Please contact Janey Wells with any questions about the program at email@example.com or 270-534-3427.
Pathfinders serve as guides and role models for their peers. They are tasked with increasing campus engagement and improving student success. They are trained to assist other students in connecting to campus resources
Currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at West Kentucky Community & Technical College.
Good academic and disciplinary standing.
Must have completed 12 semester credit hours at WKCTC.
Must have maintained a 2.5 GPA or above.
Submit an application and recommendation letter.
Interview with Selection Committee to demonstrate work ethic, growth mindset, and character.
- Good character, professional, responsible, caring
- Willingness to learn, expand personal growth, self-confidence, assertiveness, organization and people skills
- Committed to academic success of self and other students
- Selfless attitude desire to promote student life programming, college recruitment, retention, relationships, and student success
- Respects, values, and appreciates diversity
- Enthusiastic, cheerleader, advocate, passionate about WKCTC, students, employees, and the community
- Strong oral communications, time management, and leadership skills
- Willing to learn and serve others in a supportive role
- Flexible, outgoing, committed to positive change
- Works well individually and as a dynamic team
- Helps identify and foster growth of future leaders
- Enjoys meeting, motivating, and working collaboratively with others
- Completes ALL mandatory training
- Demonstrates visible initiative
- Trustworthy, honest, reliable
- Responsible, dependable, prompt
- Committed to WE and US, not I
- Work fall and spring semester to guide new and current students as a mentor
- Assist with Student Life programs
- Reach out to prospective and current students as needed
- Educate students about campus events and campus programs
- Promote student involvement in campus and community events
- Complete mandatory training
Benefits of being a Student Pathfinder
Gain valuable experience
Enhance knowledge ow WKCTC
Represent student body and college
Network with administration, alumni, and friends of the college
Earn 6 hour tuition waiver plus support to attend a conference