Facts about the GED
- More than 860,000 adults worldwide take the GED tests each year.
- Those who obtain scores high enough to earn a GED credential outperform at least 40 percent of today's high school seniors.
- One out of every seven high school diplomas issued each year in the U.S. is based on passing the GED tests.
- More than 95 percent of the U.S. employers consider GED graduates the same as traditional high school graduates in regard to hiring, salary, and opportunity for advancement.
- The GED is used by 90 percent of U.S. college admissions officers to evaluate a student's