Military & Veterans
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to WKCTC and start building a better future.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these steps:
- Contact us for an appointment to discuss your eligibility for educational benefits. We are here to help you understand the benefits you may be eligible to receive and how to apply for them.
- Submit your application for admission. Which application you use depends on your benefits:
- If you are on active duty, a drilling reservist, or a member of the National Guard, you may qualify for Federal or State Tuition Assistance (TA). Per WKCTC guidelines, you must speak with your Educational Services Officer (ESO) or Counselor prior to enrolling.
- Submit the KCTCS application if you’re not using Tuition Assistance.
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military.
We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.
Questions? Contact us. We’re here for you, every step of the way.