Why are we here? The Registrar's Office at WKCTC provides accurate record keeping services for students within an environment of excellence and commitment to student services.
What do we do? Registrar's staff assists students with their official records and provides graduation information. They provide official transcripts when requested, assist students with keeping accurate information, and provide guidance to any student that may have questions about their records.
- The process to apply for an AAS degree or diploma is to contact your academic advisor to complete a graduation application, that includes a completed academic plan, and that is to be turned into the Records Office.
- Graduation Application (AA/AS Only)
- Transcript Request
- Verification of Enrollment/Non-Enrollment
- Policy for students called to active military duty
|Delivery Option(s) Available||Cost (per copy)||Processing Time|
|Electronic PDF (via email)||$5.00 + $1.75||3-5 business days|
|Electronic Exchange (digital upload)||$5.00||3-5 business days|
|$5.00||3-5 business days|
|Hold for Pickup||$5.00||3-5 business days|
|*On Demand - Walk-in Service Only||$7.00 - $10.00||Same Day|
An additional processing fee of $2.25 will be charged per recipient.
*On demand requests are not available via Internet, on demand requests must be made in person by the student only, and may not be processed same day if records exist prior to 2000. Transcripts picked up by student may not be considered official by other college(s) and student must check with the other institution(s) prior to ordering.
Processing Option(s) Available:
- Now - Processing may take between 3-5 business days.
- After Degree Completion Statement is Posted - Sent after credential statement is on your transcript.
- After Grades Are Posted - Sent once grades are posted.
- Valid web browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and below OR Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher.
- If you attended prior to the year 2000, it will take longer to process your request due to system changes.
- Longer processing times may be required during the beginning and end semester peak times.
- Do not request using mobile devices. (i.e. mobile phones, tablets, iPad, Kindle, etc.) These devices do not have the functionality to electronically sign your request.
- Electronic exchange transcripts are sent using the National Student Clearinghouse; electronic PDF is sent via email using a secure link / password.
- Order updates will be emailed to you; you may opt to receive updates via text message. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email you provided.
- If you have documents which need to be sent with your transcripts, you may use the upload documents button on the transcript request.
How to Cancel Your Transcript Request:
- Go to getmytranscript.com.
- Select the school from which you ordered your transcript copy.
- Enter your transcript order number and email address; then click the arrow button.
- On the Track Your Order Page, click the cancel order button next to the order you wish to cancel.
Questions? Please contact (855) 469-5282 or (855) GO-WKCTC
1. Review the Academic Calendar.
- View the refund dates and compare them to the Refund Policy below.
- Check to see if instructor permission is required.
2. Sign-in to your student self-service and complete the drop/withdraw form under the Academic Records tile.
- Contact Financial Aid to ensure you will not be required to pay back any awarded money.
- Students must complete the drop/withdraw request in student self-service and officially withdraw by the deadline date to be eligible for a refund.
- A student must complete the drop/withdraw request in student self-service to withdraw from a class.
- Refunds and withdrawal dates for classes other than the regular 16-week classes will be determined by the amount of time the class has met. Contact the Registrar for questions regarding these classes.
- Refund dates are subject to change at the discretion of the KCTCS Board of Regents.
- Students who receive Title IV aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Student Loans) and who either officially withdraw from school or who stop attending classes before the 60% date of the course (or before earning 60% of the required hours in a clock hour program) may be required to repay a portion of grant or loan funds.
- Refunds for sessions different from those listed below are prorated according to the session in proportion to the traditional 16-week session. A session is defined as an enrollment period within an academic term. An academic term (fall, spring, or summer) may have a number of sessions running concurrently (i.e., 16-, 8-, or 4-week).
Time Frame for Tuition Refunds*
*Calendar days of the session, including all Saturdays and Sundays, but excluding KCTCS holidays. The session start date is not always the first day of class meeting.
WKCTC offers the following FREE verification services via your Student Self-Service 24/7:
- Enrollment verification certificates for housing providers or other organizations requiring proof of enrollment. *Please allow 3 weeks after the start of each semester for updated data.
- Check deferment notifications sent to your lenders and see your student loan lenders/loan information. *Lenders are automatically notified of your enrollment status four times each semester.
- Watch our tutorial video for guidance on self-service enrollment verification requests.
- If you are unable to print your verification from your self-service you may complete the verification of enrollment/non-enrollment form under student forms.
EMPLOYERS AND OTHER COMPANIES:
If you are an employer or another company/institution needing to verify an individual's credentials or enrollment, please submit your request at www.nscverifications.org. At this time we are unable to perform verifications via phone or outside of the national student clearinghouse.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, is a federal law that protects the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information contained within student education records. Colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System comply with FERPA's confidentiality protections and adhere to procedures dealing with student education records and directory information recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
A WKCTC student is classified as anyone who has been issued a student ID number (also known as an EMPLID). A student may give consent to any individual by logging into their student self-service and filling out the consent to release information. The student must assign a passcode for each delegate and the individual that is granted permission must present photo identification and the correct passcode prior to requesting information.
In its discretion, a college or KCTCS as appropriate may provide Directory Information in accordance with the provisions of the Act (FERPA) to include:
- Student name
- Student address
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Date and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Dates of attendance
- Degress and awards received
- The most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
The Solomon Amendment is a federal law that allows military recruiters access to student recruitment information. The Solomon Amendment supersedes FERPA. However, if a student has submitted a request through the Records Office to restrict the release of directory information, then no information from the students educational record will be released under the Solomon Amendment.
Definition Student Recruitment Information
- Level of education
- Academic major
- Degrees received
- Educational institution in which the student was most recently enrolled
Procedure Release of Information to Military Recruiter
Information will be released for military recruitment purposes only. The military recruiters may request student recruitment information once each semester for each of the 12 eligible units within the five branches of the service:
|Air Force||Coast Guard|
|Air Force Reserve||Coast Guard Reserve|
|Air Force National Guard||Navy|
|Army National Guard||Marine Corps|
|Army Reserve||Marine Corps Reserve|
The request should be submitted in writing, on letterhead, clearly identifying the military recruiting organization.
Monday: 8am-6pm CST
Tuesday-Friday: 8am-4pm CST
Anderson Technical Building Room 112
Ashley Neely, Interim Registrar
Credential/Graduation Applications, Academic Bankruptcy, Drop Requests and Test Credits (AP/Step/IC3)
Nancy Robins, Records Staff
Transcript Requests and Legacy Credit
Tammy Rogers, Records Staff
College & Military Transcript Credit Evaluation (External/Transfer)
Brittany Vannerson, Records Staff
No-shows, stopped attending, and online drop/withdraw