Advising & Assessment
Why are we here? The Advising Center at WKCTC provides accessible comprehensive academic advising services within an environment of excellence and commitment to student services.
The Assessment Center at West Kentucky Community and Technical College is here to provide placement test for students that do not meet the ACT Benchmark scores. These test will allow academic advisors to accurately place students into successful academic pathways.
What do we do? Professional Academic Advisors are here to assist students in establishing educational goals and objectives. Advisors work closely with students to develop an academic plan consistent with the student's goals. The Advising Center provides academic guidance to empower students to become self-directed learners and decision makers.
Students scoring less than 20 in Reading, 18 in English, or 19 in Math on their ACT are required to take placement testing.
Advising Location: Anderson Technical Building, Room 106
Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Spring Semester (January - May): October 1st
- Summer Semester (May - August): March 1st
- Fall Semester (August - December): March 1st
**Appointments are strongly recommended! Contact us to make yours today!**
- Spring Semester: October 1st
- Summer/Fall Semester: March 1st
**Please remember that all Current students are required to see their assigned academic advisor. You may find your assigned academic advisor by logging into your student self-service.**
- Appointments are strongly recommended to help us meet your needs and fit into your busy schedule.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Refrain from bringing extra people to your appointment.
- Planning to transfer? Visit the Transfer Information site.
- New students must meet with an advisor in the Master Advising Center to register for their first semester.
- Current students, follow these instructions to find your advisor:
- Log-in to Student Self-Service
- Enter User ID and Password. (Your user ID is the same as your student email username; your password is the same as your student email account.)
- On the right side, fifth box down, it should list your program advisor. You may click on details to get contact information
Advising Location: Anderson Technical Building, Room 110
Summer Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 2:00pm
No appointment necessary
Extended hours are available on Monday evenings by appointment only during regular business hours.
- First-Time testing WKCTC Student - NO FEE
- Re-Testing WKCTC Student - $7.00 per section.
- Students testing for another college - $20.00 per session
- Pay fees in the Business Office, Room 127 of Anderson Technical Building
- Bring receipt to the Assessment Center on test day.
- Bring a state issued Photo ID