The goal of West Kentucky Community and Technical College is to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone on our campus.
24/7 ON DUTY SECURITY GUARD NUMBER: 270-564-8403
Operations Manager of Security and Safety
Security/Safety: Anderson Technical Building, Room 212A
|WKCTC Security Guards||WKCTC Security Guards|
About the WKCTC Campus Security Department
All Campus Security Guards are employed and trained directly by WKCTC. Most of our Security Guards are retired law enforcement and/or military veterans. Campus Security responds to all calls for service, investigates criminal incidents and policy violations that occur on campus, and submits written reports. The first priority of the Campus Security Department is to provide a safe and secure environment for our students, employees, and visitors.
Additional services provided by the Campus Security Department include:
- Security Escort (just call and we will walk with you to your car or class)
- Provide a "jump box" if your vehicle has a dead battery or a jack for a tire change (you must use the "jump box", not the Security Guard)
- Provide a list of tow services for vehicle issues (lockouts, tow, etc.)
- Issue parking citations for handicap space or fire lane violations
- Monitor and secure campus buildings
- Monitor campus parking lots
- Assist with special events on campus
- Provide information to campus visitors
- Maintain compliance with the Clery Act, Minger Act, KY Revised Statutes, and local ordinances
- Campus Security cannot transport students for any reason
If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus, please notify Campus Security as soon as possible to avoid potential tow and impound charges.
Campus Security cannot attempt to unlock your vehicle.
WKCTC Campus Security works closely with the Paducah City Police Department, the McCracken County Sheriffs Office, the Paducah City Fire Department,the Graves County Sheriffs Office,the Mayfield Fire Department, and the Kentucky State Police. The Security Guards also maintain a close working relationship with our Maintenance and Operations Department and other key personnel at WKCTC to help maintain a safe and secure campus.