Safety Notification Alert Process (SNAP)
The emergency alert system used at West Kentucky Community and Technical College is
known as the Safety Notification Alert Process (SNAP). SNAP is activated when there
is an emergency on campus that warrants notification to faculty, staff and students.
With SNAP you can:
- Find out if classes are cancelled or delayed due to weather, power outages or other unexpected events impacting campus.
- Get severe weather notifications so you can take shelter when a storm hits.
- Receive emergency messages when something or someone could be a threat to your personal safety.
The preferred phone numbers or e-mail addresses entered into the KCTCS Self-Service
Student or Employee Information Center are used for SNAP messages during an emergency
at the college. The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment
questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency,
safety threat or campus closing/delay.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS Update your contact information by logging on to the Student Self-Service Center at https://students.kctcs.edu.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft. Please use MyPath to log in to PeopleSoft: https://kctcs.sharepoint.com/sites/mypath.
- Are you a parent, board or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Sign up to receive notifications here.
** Please provide a complete 10 digit phone number with area code (example: 859-123-4567)
For more information go to: http://kctcs.edu/snap/.